First thing you wash in the shower?
My hair if I'm washing it that day; otherwise, body.
Are you more of a coffee or alcohol drinker?
Coffee these days. I used to drink it pretty much everyday before I was pregnant, and lately I've been incorporating it back in a few days a week.
Do you plan outfits?
Yes for special events and most workdays; otherwise I waste too much time getting ready.
Turn ons?
Making the effort to really listen; "getting" my favorite music or at least giving it a chance; making me laugh; taking care of chores and tasks I really hate doing (like getting my oil changed lol)
Turn offs?
Being rude to servers and others in similar positions; taking yourself too seriously; not liking dogs; inability/unwillingness to see things from others' perspectives and always assuming your opinion is the only right opinion
What comes to mind when I say cabbage?
Vinegar. I love cabbage, and vinegar makes it extra yummy.
Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
Both? Neither?
Favorite movie ever?
Almost Famous; Remember the Titans
Have you ever met a celebrity?
No not really. The closest I've ever come was running into Faith Hill and Tim McGraw and their kids in GAP store/on the street in Charleston.
Would you go sky diving?
Nope
Have you ever had a near death experience?
Not that I know of. Kinda felt like it when I got my pregnant butt stuck in our pool without the ladder the other day, though. Ha!
Do you believe in ghosts, werewolves or vampires?
nah
If you could spend one day in someone else's shoes, who would it be and why?
Someone who gets to travel a lot more than I do. But only on a day when they're already at their destination, and not a travel day...haha!
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Teacher and writer
If you could have dinner with three people (dead or alive), who would they be and why?
My Grandad and my great-grandparents. I want to hear stories straight from them about all of the things they experienced and what my parents/grandparents were like growing up.
What sorts of things make you laugh?
Puppies, babies, and life's ridiculous unexpected moments
Do you have any pet peeves?
I know it's a common one, but bad drivers. Not using turn signals, driving aggressively for no reason, people who are just oblivious or don't give a shit about all the other people on the road with them
What was your favorite TV show when you were growing up?
I really didn't watch a ton of TV...but I liked Ninja Turtles, Reading Rainbow, Mr. Rogers. I remember watching the TGIF shows when I got older, too.
What are your favorite TV shows now?
Literally the only TV I watch right now is the one show at a time we watch an episode or two of every night. Lately that's ranged from Cops to Game of Thrones to now we're watching Justified.
What are your favorite movies?
Same as above...couldn't tell you the last time I watched a movie.
Tell me one thing that would surprise me about you.
For most of my life people have seemed surprised when I don't play by the rules as much as they expect me to...lol. I guess I have a rebellious streak ;)
What were you like as a kid?
I loved to read and play outside. Pretty tomboy-ish when I was younger - I had pocket knives and Nike Air Jordans. I was obedient at school and a good student, but got in trouble more at home for having an attitude and fighting with my sisters. Whoops.
Do you have any pets? Tell me about them.
I have two dogs - Bella, a boxer/pug/beagle mix and Lulu, a beagle.
I adopted Bella from a rescue with my ex-husband back in 2010 and she is my heart dog. She has been with me through several moves and life events, both good and bad. She was super skittish at first and almost got away from us the first day we had her. She's still very cautious and easily spooked, but has come a long way. She loves cheese, snow, and running crazy zoomie laps around the yard. She has also decided that on some random nights she needs to sleep directly in between Carl and I with her legs straight up in the air...lol. She's not crazy about kids, so I worry about how she's going to handle the new addition, but I'm hoping since she'll be around him from the very beginning she will get used to him and accept him as part of her pack. We will of course take every precaution and do everything we can to make sure there aren't any issues. Bella is never, ever allowed to go to doggy heaven and must stay here with me forever :-).
Lulu showed up in my parent's backyard in May 2015 underweight, mangy and covered in ticks. We think someone may have dropped her at the bridge near their house because people suck and that actually happens pretty frequently. I brought her home to "foster" her and that only lasted a few weeks before it was clear she needed to be mine. This was during the time that my ex moved out and took our English Mastiff with him, so Bella and I needed a silly beagle to love on us and distract us with her crazy antics. After pulling 27 (yes, I counted them) ticks off her, treating her mange and starting her on some good nutrition, it was amazing how quickly her health improved. She is our (incredibly insistent) snuggler, the typical pestering little sister to Bella, and will accept attention from anyone willing to give it (although I think Carl's her favorite.) She is going to be the best fur sister to baby Hank.
And yes, I am clearly way too obsessed with my puppies. Ha!
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Pasta or cheese
What is your favorite commercial you've ever seen and why?
I definitely don't have one of these lol
If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?
When something or someone has served their/its purpose in your life, trust your instincts in knowing it's over...and let.it.go.
Who is your favorite music artist?
If I had to pick one, Tom Petty.
What is your favorite color?
Green
What is your favorite book?
almost impossible to choose. the Little House books when I was younger...White Oleander, Clay's Quilt, The Summer Fletcher Greer Love Me, For Whom the Bell Tolls, just a few off the top of my head.
What is your favorite drink?
Mojito or limeade
What is your favorite restaurant?
Due Colonne in Rome
If you had to describe yourself using only three words, what would they be?
Persistent, optimistic, blessed
If you knew today was the last day of your life, how would you spend it?
With my family and my love
If you could bring back one toy from your childhood, what would it be?
My easy bake oven that was prematurely sold in a yard sale? Ha...I have no idea.
My hair if I'm washing it that day; otherwise, body.
Are you more of a coffee or alcohol drinker?
Coffee these days. I used to drink it pretty much everyday before I was pregnant, and lately I've been incorporating it back in a few days a week.
Do you plan outfits?
Yes for special events and most workdays; otherwise I waste too much time getting ready.
Turn ons?
Making the effort to really listen; "getting" my favorite music or at least giving it a chance; making me laugh; taking care of chores and tasks I really hate doing (like getting my oil changed lol)
Turn offs?
Being rude to servers and others in similar positions; taking yourself too seriously; not liking dogs; inability/unwillingness to see things from others' perspectives and always assuming your opinion is the only right opinion
What comes to mind when I say cabbage?
Vinegar. I love cabbage, and vinegar makes it extra yummy.
Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
Both? Neither?
Favorite movie ever?
Almost Famous; Remember the Titans
Have you ever met a celebrity?
No not really. The closest I've ever come was running into Faith Hill and Tim McGraw and their kids in GAP store/on the street in Charleston.
Would you go sky diving?
Nope
Have you ever had a near death experience?
Not that I know of. Kinda felt like it when I got my pregnant butt stuck in our pool without the ladder the other day, though. Ha!
Do you believe in ghosts, werewolves or vampires?
nah
If you could spend one day in someone else's shoes, who would it be and why?
Someone who gets to travel a lot more than I do. But only on a day when they're already at their destination, and not a travel day...haha!
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Teacher and writer
If you could have dinner with three people (dead or alive), who would they be and why?
My Grandad and my great-grandparents. I want to hear stories straight from them about all of the things they experienced and what my parents/grandparents were like growing up.
What sorts of things make you laugh?
Puppies, babies, and life's ridiculous unexpected moments
Do you have any pet peeves?
I know it's a common one, but bad drivers. Not using turn signals, driving aggressively for no reason, people who are just oblivious or don't give a shit about all the other people on the road with them
What was your favorite TV show when you were growing up?
I really didn't watch a ton of TV...but I liked Ninja Turtles, Reading Rainbow, Mr. Rogers. I remember watching the TGIF shows when I got older, too.
What are your favorite TV shows now?
Literally the only TV I watch right now is the one show at a time we watch an episode or two of every night. Lately that's ranged from Cops to Game of Thrones to now we're watching Justified.
What are your favorite movies?
Same as above...couldn't tell you the last time I watched a movie.
Tell me one thing that would surprise me about you.
For most of my life people have seemed surprised when I don't play by the rules as much as they expect me to...lol. I guess I have a rebellious streak ;)
What were you like as a kid?
I loved to read and play outside. Pretty tomboy-ish when I was younger - I had pocket knives and Nike Air Jordans. I was obedient at school and a good student, but got in trouble more at home for having an attitude and fighting with my sisters. Whoops.
Do you have any pets? Tell me about them.
I have two dogs - Bella, a boxer/pug/beagle mix and Lulu, a beagle.
I adopted Bella from a rescue with my ex-husband back in 2010 and she is my heart dog. She has been with me through several moves and life events, both good and bad. She was super skittish at first and almost got away from us the first day we had her. She's still very cautious and easily spooked, but has come a long way. She loves cheese, snow, and running crazy zoomie laps around the yard. She has also decided that on some random nights she needs to sleep directly in between Carl and I with her legs straight up in the air...lol. She's not crazy about kids, so I worry about how she's going to handle the new addition, but I'm hoping since she'll be around him from the very beginning she will get used to him and accept him as part of her pack. We will of course take every precaution and do everything we can to make sure there aren't any issues. Bella is never, ever allowed to go to doggy heaven and must stay here with me forever :-).
Lulu showed up in my parent's backyard in May 2015 underweight, mangy and covered in ticks. We think someone may have dropped her at the bridge near their house because people suck and that actually happens pretty frequently. I brought her home to "foster" her and that only lasted a few weeks before it was clear she needed to be mine. This was during the time that my ex moved out and took our English Mastiff with him, so Bella and I needed a silly beagle to love on us and distract us with her crazy antics. After pulling 27 (yes, I counted them) ticks off her, treating her mange and starting her on some good nutrition, it was amazing how quickly her health improved. She is our (incredibly insistent) snuggler, the typical pestering little sister to Bella, and will accept attention from anyone willing to give it (although I think Carl's her favorite.) She is going to be the best fur sister to baby Hank.
And yes, I am clearly way too obsessed with my puppies. Ha!
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Pasta or cheese
What is your favorite commercial you've ever seen and why?
I definitely don't have one of these lol
If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?
When something or someone has served their/its purpose in your life, trust your instincts in knowing it's over...and let.it.go.
Who is your favorite music artist?
If I had to pick one, Tom Petty.
What is your favorite color?
Green
What is your favorite book?
almost impossible to choose. the Little House books when I was younger...White Oleander, Clay's Quilt, The Summer Fletcher Greer Love Me, For Whom the Bell Tolls, just a few off the top of my head.
What is your favorite drink?
Mojito or limeade
What is your favorite restaurant?
Due Colonne in Rome
If you had to describe yourself using only three words, what would they be?
Persistent, optimistic, blessed
If you knew today was the last day of your life, how would you spend it?
With my family and my love
If you could bring back one toy from your childhood, what would it be?
My easy bake oven that was prematurely sold in a yard sale? Ha...I have no idea.
Comments
Post a Comment